A fourth-generation East Gippslander, The Nationals candidate for Gippsland East, Tim Bull, is promising a better deal for country Victorians under a Liberal Nationals Government.
“When last in Government our region had significant investment into road improvements, two new schools, kindergarten upgrades, hospital upgrades, support for our farmers through the Macalister Irrigation District improvements and much more,” he said.
“The past four years has been in stark contrast with very little investment and cuts to roads funding hurting while we have this blanket roll out of wire rope barriers in areas where they are not needed.
“We will bring a common sense to the barrier installations, most importantly putting them where they are required,” he said.
Mr Bull said the greatest need for this community was the $15 million to complete Stage two of the Bairnsdale Secondary College and he was bewildered Labor has shown no interest in this at all, particularly with its candidate being a school principal.
“Nothing would make me happier than for this to have bipartisan support, but I am not hopeful given the Minister has not even bothered to visit in four years after he told school council he would.”
Mr Bull said other commitments he looked forward to delivering included:
• $1 billion in additional funding to fix country roads;
• $2.2 million to build a new Bairnsdale Fire Station;
• $200,000 for the Paynesville Foreshore Redevelopment Plan;
• Rate changes and cap to benefit our farmers;
• Increased patient transport subsidies and more funds for Bush Nursing Centres;
• Payroll tax cuts for country businesses;
• $13.4 million to upgrade Macalister Irrigation District;
• $195 million for grassroots sport, not AFL;
• $3.5 million to build a new Orbost Police Station;
• $1.5 million for a Bullock Island development;
• Upgrades to Lucknow Recreation Reserve, Mick Baum Park (Cann River) and Mallacoota WWII Bunker Museum; and
• $50 million to better support families touched by autism.
Caption: Gippsland East Nationals candidate Tim Bull, pictured with wife Kim and children Lachlan, Daniel and Nikita, says a Liberal Nationals Government will deliver for the region.
Monday, November 12, 2018