“Despite Labor beating its chest about infrastructure funding, Lakes received absolutely nothing when there are a number of projects suitable for investment,” Mr Bull said.
Mr Bull said the previous Liberal Nationals Government had a strong record relating to capital investment in the Lakes area, with a number of new projects funded, including:
• Securing natural gas (estimated $10 million);
• New Toorloo Arm Primary School ($3m);
• Bullock Island refuelling facility ($500,000);
• Myer Street Jetty ($443,000);
• Entrance boardwalk ($415,000);
• Bullock Island seawall replacement ($300,000);
• Visitor Information Centre upgrade ($260,000);
• LEFCOL processing plant ($200,000);
• Fishermans Landing Jetty upgrade ($168,000);
• Croquet club redevelopment ($100,000);
• Lake Tyers boat access improvements ($70,650);
• CCTV ($60,000);
• Men’s Shed ($60,000).
“This in stark contrast to the current Labor Government, which not only refuses to invest here, but the majority of regional and rural areas across the State.
“Daniel Andrews is happy to pour $25 million into metro project blowouts, but he can’t seem to get his cheque book past Melbourne’s tram tracks for projects and investments in Lakes Entrance.”