Tenders for the new Cape Conran boat ramp were issued last week and work should commence by late June / early August, according to Gippsland East Nationals MP, Tim Bull.
“Last week I was joined on site with the Minister for Fishing and Boating, Melissa Horne, who came to inspect the existing boat ramp and receive a first-hand view of the works to be completed.
“I discussed the need for this to be completed before the Christmas school holidays and that is certainly the expectation,” said Mr Bull.
“Locals who want to keep track of the works later this year, should be able to do so via the livestream camera at Cape Conran.
“The ramp will be out of action for the general public for some time, but the end result will be a good one, in that it will improve the area considerably.”
Minor improvement works are also being planned for the boat ramp in Marlo adjacent to the main jetty.
“The small platform that runs from the jetty to the ramp will be replaced as it is falling into disrepair,” said Mr Bull.
“On top of this, it was also pleasing to hear the first of the new cabins has arrived at Cape Conran Coastal Park. I am advised there will be 11 new cabins, but still await the fate of the five that survived the fire.
“We were initially told all of these would remain, but I am now hearing only the large lodge will be retained.
“If there are plans to destroy the other four, for seemingly no good reason, the community needs an explanation and this is what I am seeking,” said Mr Bull.
Caption: Gippsland East Nationals MP, Tim Bull and Minister for Fishing and Boating, Melissa Horne at the Cape Conran boat ramp.
Monday, 6 June 2022