Member of Lions Club – State Parliament
The State Government has announced the Environmental Effects Statement for the Fingerboards mineral sands project will be released to the public for comment on Thursday, September 3.
The Minister has announced it will be publicly exhibited for 40 days, 10 days more than usual due to the Coronavirus restrictions. This is the period for community and stakeholders to make submissions on its contents.
On top of the EES process, the project requires a range of other approvals, including:
• The Federal Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation (EPBC) Act
• A mining licence and an approved work plan under the Mineral Resources Sustainable Development Act
• Environment Protection Act sign off
• A cultural heritage management plan under the Aboriginal Heritage Act
• Approvals under the Water Act, and
• Flora and Fauna Guarantee Act consent
It will be exhibited at engage.vic.gov.au